Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte

My mom was here for a few days and it was awesome.  She got so much done around here that I have been putting off.  Our back room (that will eventually be baby's) has been filled with boxes that Josh and I shoved back there so we wouldn't have to look at them.  Then my mom comes and unpacks them and reorganizes in the 3 hours that I'm at work!!  And as if that were not amazing enough.....she made me a wonderful dinner of Bratwurst and Potato Pancakes...Josh isn't the only one getting amazing German food!  Yummy.  Thanks mom.  I usually only get this for my birthday dinner.  =-)
The next day was not so fun for me.  I had to get my blood drawn and I tend to get all worked up and nervous before hand.  I was doing pretty good until the lady said, "Hm, it's not working."  Are you SERIOUS??  Don't tell me that!!! So, then I start getting all light headed and dizzy.  I had to put my head down and they brought me water and gave me a cold towel for my forehead.  (Awkward.)  They had to move me to a bed so I could lay down.  They then proceeded to stick a larger needle into my other arm (yeah, that didn't feel so good) and take 5 viles of my blood.  Soooo glad that is over.  However, if I can't even handle a little blood being drawn, how am I going to deliver a baby?? The rest of the day was fun.  Mom and I went to the mall and looked at all the cute baby stuff.

4 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Mmmmm I want a Pumpkin Spice Latte right now. Cute picture of you and Josh, when was that taken? Yay for baby stuff, that must be so much fun to shop for. I know how you feel about blood being drawn. It took a doctor 4 TIMES to poke me to find my vain, I thought they had a medical degree and the guy couldn't find my vein :(. Anyway, hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to see pictures when you start to show some belly.

Stephanie Tang said...

The picture was taken back when we were dating! =-)

Cari said...

MMMM... Pumpkin spice latte... and soon there will be the gingerbread latte and the eggnog latte and the peppermint mocha! I tend not to like Starbucks so much (I love coffee drinks, just from places other than Starbucks), but I do have to say that their seasonal drinks are rather tasty!

The Scholl Family said...

Oh my goodness, I can actually HEAR you talking all the way through your post!!! And hey, don't feel bad about the blood-drawing episode. At least a couple of times they had to bring me some juice. :( And I NEVER look at my arm OR the needle. (Like Marty does.) I've also welcomed in the Pumpkin Spice Latte- only iced so far...until it gets chilly. And I have to hide what I'm drinking from Jake or he'll yell for a sip too!