Thursday, September 18, 2008

Little lime baby


I'm now about 13 weeks along and we got to hear the heartbeat on Tuesday.  =-)  Baby is about the size of a lime.  (Sorry for the unattractive picture, but I wanted you to see that I am starting to get a bit round.)  Right now I love my maternity pants....ahhh, the stretchy goodness.  

Josh and I had a bit of a scare on Monday as my midwife called to inform me that one of my lab results came back showing that I had parvo (no, it's not just a dog disease) either right before I got pregnant or sometime during the first trimester.  They knew I was at risk for this since I work with preschoolers.  I was at work when I got the call so I was thinking, "Great! What else are these little kids going to give me!?"  So, I pretty much freaked out.  She said there could be complications or it could be perfectly normal, but I needed to go get my blood drawn again and see a Perinatologist (dr who deals with higher than normal risk pregnancies).  Anyway, it looks like the odds are for us (80-95% chance that nothing will be wrong).  We see the Perinatologist next week.  Pray that everything will come back normal....and that I won't get any more fun germs from the kids at work.

My parents are in town for a bit visiting some friends who are camping nearby, so it's been nice to have the company. I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow so I can spend the day with them....unless I get called in to work.  Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

yay, you're showing! isn't that fun?!

yikes about the germies. never heard of that. i will pray for your precious little lime! what are the complications that can happen?

Our Life Together said...

Awww, you have a cute little tummy. I can't wait to see you progress. Yuck, seriously working with little kids can fun but gross at the same time. Ewww, I'm praying. So you are seeing a midwife and not an OBGYN?? I've always wondered the difference and birthplans of different people. Hmmm...

The Scholl Family said...

Alright!!! The belly pictures have begun! That's amazing that Baby Tang is already as big as a lime! I remember when Caitlyn was the size of a strawberry. :) I love how baby-growing and fruit are so intimately connected. Good chatting with you yesterday! You're in our prayers.