Thursday, May 8, 2008

Randomness

I haven't posted in a while because I was going to wait until I uploaded (is that the correct term??) my pictures from the camera to the computer.  However, seeing as how I still have not found that cord-device-thingy I will simply post without pictures.  I had a GREAT trip to Seattle!  I loved all the talks I had with Emma (they meant so much to me Emma!  I am so glad we are able to stay in touch despite the distance and our different stages in life!)  Joey was adorable and it was great to finally see Trav and Emma as parents.  Too cute!

Here's what's been on my mind:

*I have really enjoy watching Home Improvement again (thank you Netflix)!  It was funny when I was a kid, but now that I'm married I see a different side of the humor.  Tim, Al, Jill, Randy....how you make me laugh (Brad and Mark....not so much.)

*The longer I live in Santa Cruz, the less I find odd about the people here.  For instance, today I saw some girl riding her bike.  She had this short mohawk that was bright yellow and pink and instead of thinking "Oh my gosh!  That girl has a mohawk!!"  I found myself thinking, "Wow, interesting colors."  This place is growing on me....not that I'm going to get a mohawk anytime soon.

*I love the way the air smells up here!  The redwoods just smell so pretty!  (Remember how it smelled at Mt. Hermon in the summer Jennie?)

*I have four loads of laundry just waiting to be folded....yuck.

*While I was tying this little boys shoe today I caught him telling me he loved me.  When I said, "What was that?"  He said, "Nothing....." and quickly walked away.  How cute is that??

*We went to one of the best surfing spots in Santa Cruz over the weekend with my dad (my mom came up later that day) and it was gorgeous!!  The waves, the flowers all around, the beautiful lighthouse...I think that's when I really started to like this place!  Yay!  It's finally starting to feel like home.  =-) 

No comments: