Monday, January 30, 2012

Train of thought

*This morning was GORGEOUS! On our way to the park I said 'Wow! It is so nice out today.  It feels like summer, but it's winter.' To which Natalie replied 'Where's the snow?' ;-)  Just one of the perks of living on the central coast.  If I'm in the snow - it's because I'm on vacation and I WANT to be in the snow (...but I rarely WANT to be in the snow.)

*I started making calls today about the splash/water park...  Umm, this is not going to be easy.  I have to convince city counsel members that a new park is a good idea and worth the $$ it would take & get people to sign a petition saying that they want this as well.  I was informed that I might want to meet with each counsel member individually so it could be brought to the attention of each one, plus they could give me tips re: how to proceed.  I feel extremely unqualified.  And overwhelmed.  What the heck am I doing? :-/

*I have 4 loads of laundry to fold.  Do you know what that means?  It means that I've waited too long to fold laundry.  And if I've waited too long to fold laundry - then I'm sure there's another load of laundry ready to be washed.  What a vicious cycle.  Laundry & dishes.  Both vicious.  I should probably fold the clean clothes so hubby doesn't have to ask me 'Do I have any clean shirts downstairs?' every day.

*We've been watching White Collar.  It's a modern day crime show with a bit of an Ocean's 11 feel.  I love it.  Only red flag - Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani Thiessen) is in it.  But, I have to admit, she's actually pretty good.  And the blatant advertising for Ford is quite hysterical.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFySyLynAk

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, first off that picture is awesome!! Such a cool shot...you little photgrapher you ;)

And I'm sersiously impressed that you're moving forward with the park proposal. You can do it! Just think of all the mom's that would be thanking you the rest of their "little years" lives!! I know I would. :)

Stephanie said...

I wish I could take credit for that picture. It's taken by our amazing babysitter - who also happens to be a professional photographer. :-)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.