Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dentists are evil

We had to send hubby to Seattle for a few days.  We're all a bit bummed.  (Who's the genius that thought business trips would be a good idea?)  Without any prompting Natalie said 'I'm going to miss you so much Daddy.'  Poor guy held it together, but I'm pretty sure it broke his heart.  It's amazing what a little girl can do to her daddy's heart.  I said I was going to miss him so much too...but I don't think it had the same impact.  :-)  As we were driving to the airport Josh said 'I used to like going on business trips...'  Oh, how things have changed.

N and I have been keeping busy - making forts, painting, hanging out at the dollar section at Target (the girl could spend all.day.long there!!),  avoiding naps & dealing with a 'few' time outs.  And tomorrow we are heading up to see 'the neighbors'!!  (Pretty sure Miss N is going to be extremely confused about what a neighbor is...)  We are so excited about tomorrow!!

But today was rough.  I lost my wallet.  And I had to go to the dentist.  I LOATHE the dentist. (Plus it kinda sucks when you go to a new dentist with no wallet - no money, no insurance card.)  I have avoided the dentist for 2 years.  I actually fear the dentist.  Let me put it this way: I would rather have my 'lady appointment' every.single.day. for a year, than go to a dentist ONCE a year.  Yeah.  It's that bad.  The last time I went to the dentist I got nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and it was AWESOME!!  So, when I was looking for a new dentist I made sure they did sedation.  Well, turns out this guy doesn't do laughing gas...and he couldn't sedate me cause I need to take the drugs on an empty stomach.  Seriously??  Just club me over the head!!  I don't care how I'm knocked out. I just don't want to hear or feel anything!!  So today...I cried (more like quietly weeping as tears streamed down my face.)  In front of the dental hygienist.  And then in front of the dentist.  So awkward.  And I totally understand if you just lost all respect for me.  Needless to say - I'll be going back when I can be blissfully unaware of my situation.  Oh, how I miss you nitrous oxide...  So, yeah.  I'm a wuss.

On a positive note: some awesome Target employee found my wallet!! 

So, in summary: we miss our man.  i'm a sissy when it comes to dental work.  and Target is amazing.


No comments: