Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Job Description

I was just joking with Josh about something that was in my "job description" and he told me that should be my next blog post. So here you go.....

Job Description: Mother and Wife
Must know how to:
*cook (at least better than your husband)...and not just cook, but plan out meals and grocery shop as well!!
*clean
*separate, wash and fold laundry (preferably before husband casually asks "are there any clean clothes?"
*multitask (this is a must if you want to get ANYTHING done!)
*sucessfully pull off the carseat to crib transfer (I finally pulled this one off today!)
*differentiate between "I desperately need your help" crying and "I'm exhausted and need to go to sleep" crying (actually, this is also in the job description for husbands. it is essential in dealing with a woman!)
*improvise!!
*shake off "helpful suggestions" from random people in public

Must not be embarrassed to:
*change a baby's diaper WHEREVER necessary
*talk like a complete idiot in order to keep baby happy
*walk out of the house with slobber/spit up/drool on your clothes (because lets face it, if it's not on your clothes already, it will be soon)
*know the entire 26 min of Baby Bach (and be able to hum along...)
*refer to yourself as "mommy", even when the child is not present
*accidentally refer to your cat with your child's name or vice versa (NO, I've never done this. Why do you ask!?)


What am I forgetting?? =-)

4 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

oh man, i'm ALWAYS calling my kids by each other's names. i feel so stupid. i mean, didn't i birth them AND name them? you'd think i wouldn't forget. the worst is when you have to go through more than one name (and then also repeat all the wrong ones) until you get to the right one.

Kristen Borland said...

oh yeah, and i laughed out loud about the laundry one. sheesh. you mean i have to remember to get clean clothes for the grown-ups too? (oh, and if it's clean and still in the dryer--forget folded and put away--it TOTALLY still counts as "done".)

Kaizen Family said...

I love this entry. How about being a chauffeur and a referee. At least those are part of the description in my house. Also, continue to function on little to no sleep.

Tiểu Nguyễn said...

Có lẽ là đúng nhỉ? :))
Have a nice day