Thursday, November 20, 2008

First baby purchases and 22 weeks

We have received a few gifts from friends and family, but so far I hadn't bought anything for baby....until last night.  I got baby it's very first book "Mommy's Best Kisses"...so sweet.  The shoes I need a second opinion on: Do you think they could pass for boy OR girl shoes?  I think they are ADORABLE, but it is so hard to find something that is gender neutral.

And here I am at 22 weeks.  I seem to have popped overnight!!  Baby is continuing to kick, but so far I am the only one to feel it.  The kicks have been strong enough at times to feel on the outside of my belly, but baby doesn't like to cooperate with daddy!  Hehe!!

Other fun news:
-We just got the pink slip to the Corolla!  Yay.  One car paid off, one to go!!
-Josh has declared Thursday's "Wife Appreciation Day".  =-)  Last week I woke up to an iced vanilla latte in the fridge and a rose on the counter.  Today I woke up to a perfectly clean kitchen-dishes done, counter cleaned off and the dishwasher unloaded (and I know he HATES to do that!)  So, yeah....Thursday's are pretty awesome!
-We are hosting Thanksgiving this year.  My parents are coming to stay with us, Josh's sister and fiance will be coming and possibly Josh's dad and his wife.  So, we will enjoy the company, lots of yummy food and maybe some Wii!  =-)  Jennie- tell Caitlyn that I'll bring the Wii up next time I visit!!  She hasn't tossed that poor cow in over a year.

6 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Cute outfits and shoes. I think they would pass for gender neutral. Is someone going to throw you a baby shower??? Have fun hosting Thanksgiving..I might be hosting too depending on if I have to work or not. Are you excited??

Kristen Borland said...

CUTE shoes. yes, i think they are gender neutral.

josh is such a sweetie! that's wonderful!!

loving the belly...

Carrie Haughey said...

the shoes are totally gender neutral!


I want a wii, I love tossing that cow around! sadly, it is just not in the budget yet... we (wii?) will just have to take solace in playing it a friends houses...

liz oelker said...

oh how cute is your husband. that's so sweet! and I think you could pull those shoes off either gender :) way cute!

Anonymous said...

The shoes would look fantastic on a girl. Are you trying to tell us something?
Papa 2 B

The Scholl Family said...

The shoes are cute- and will work for a boy or girl, I think. (I just pictured Jake or Brie's feet in them and both worked!) The book looks very sweet. You have great taste in kids' books. Every one you've given our kids has become a favorite! ("Don't Let the Pigeon..." series, Big Red Barn) Love the wife appreciation day! When I first read that, I thought you meant that particular Thursday, but lucky you that it's EVERY Thursday!