Monday, April 14, 2008

Wanted: Good home for hippies

I'm finally feeling better so Josh and I decided to go on a date last night.  We went to a pizza and pasta place in downtown Santa Cruz and then to see "Leatherheads".  We passed a group of young homeless people on our way to dinner.  As people walked by them they were saying, "Do you want to adopt a hippy?  I'm house broken, sleep on the floor and all I need is weed."  The couple in front of us said, "We'll have to think about it."  Being the sheltered person that I am I thought he said "All I need is wheat.", which I found to be strange...then it hit me...WEED!  Oh.  I suppose that makes more sense considering the circumstances.  So, let me know if you're looking to adopt a hippy.  I know where to find PLENTY!

The rest of our date was great.  Amazing pasta at Kianti's (if you come to Santa Cruz you MUST go) and the movie was good....not great, but good.  Josh and I were talking about it on the way home and he said, "I WANTED to like it."  That kind of sums it up.  

Thanks for reading.  =-)  Leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man, don't get me started on the extreme laziness and apathy that results in some becoming homeless. They just tag on the "hippie" part in hopes that it'll add some "coolness" to the fact that they're too lazy to look for a real job. As Laurie would say, "oh dear Jesus in Heaven." Besides, I'm not sharing my weed with anyone that can't pay for it ;o)