Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday's thoughts

Josh and I got back from SLO last night.  We ended up staying an extra day because as soon as we got to SLO I came down with something like the flu.  =-(  Luckily I was surrounded my people to help take care of me (Thanks Josh, Mom and Dad!), cable...perfect for all the time I spent on the couch, and the dogs (who were more than happy to take tons of naps with me.) 

On Tuesday I got to go by the preschool and visit my old co-workers and "my kids".  I was so excited to see them and happy to see that they hadn't forgot about me.  The kids reminded me that I lived "far away in Santa Cruz now."  It's nice to see they were listening to me.  I miss them all so much.  It was a very emotional day for me.  I didn't think it would be that hard going back, but worth seeing all their adorable faces.  Josh and I were able to go out to dinner that night and then out to drinks and Cold Stone with our friend Russell.  Good times.

I decided to take an extra day to get back into the swing of things before going back to work. Right now I'm having a difficult time deciding where I belong.  I feel like I don't belong in SLO anymore, yet I don't feel like I belong here yet.  Please be praying that I will be open to new situations and give my control over to God.

No comments: