Thursday, October 9, 2008

Funny kid quotes

I haven't really said much to the kids at work about baby, but every once in a while it comes up (like when they try to jump into my lap or head butt me in the stomach...yes, that has happened). It's times like these that I need to let them know that I have a baby growing in my belly and they have to be gentle.  Here are some of the funny questions that I have received:

Boy: "You have a baby in your belly?  Can I see how fat you are?"  Charming.

Girl: "Does everybody have a baby in their tummy?"
Me: "No."
Girl: "How does it get there?"
Me: "You should ask grandma that question."

I love their questions!  They crack me up sometimes (although I try not to laugh in front of them.)  I'm sure there will be many more the bigger I get.

2 comments:

The Scholl Family said...

too funny! I'll bet with the many, many hours of working in a preschool, you could write a best-selling quote book full of funny stuff!

I wonder if that little girl's going to ask her Grandma anything... :) And Stef, how DID your baby get there? By thinking nice thoughts?!

Our Life Together said...

Hahaha thanks for the laugh Steph, I laughed out loud. Seriously the stuff that comes out of some pre-schoolers is hillarious. I have to wonder if that little girl went home and asked that question. Poor Grandma. Hope you are doing well. :)